General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Enable "link" sharing (ie. google form) within Seelio Mesage

Our school's in-house Agency Team has a Google Form they want to send students, asking for their information in our database.

Is there any way to enable URL links to be linked within the Seelio Message?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Kate,

Thanks for sharing your idea! I can see this feature benefitting many others too. I am really sorry that URL links are not working right now within the Seelio Message. I have submitted a ticket to get it fixed and let me get back to you when it is fixed! Do you have a timeline that you need this feature working by?

Thanks!

• Give us the option to allow others to download documents/pdfs/etc

As an academic, one of the primary ways we network is through sharing our research with others. I appreciate the fact that I'm able to upload my publications on Seelio. Unfortunately, none of my contacts can actually download these pdfs from your site.

I would love it if you were able to make it an option that we could select to allow our pdfs (or other docs) to be downloadable.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Brittany,

Thank you so much for the feedback. We see the value of having documents downloadable from our site so that your contacts can view it in further details or keep it for future reference. It will take some development time to include this feature but we hope to make it available soon. Meanwhile, if you wish to make your documents downloadable, one solution to consider is to upload them on to other document storage provider such as Box. Then you can include the link to download the file on your Seelio portfolio. Again, great suggestion and we hope to be able to work on it soon!

Best,

• Listing those without a Seelio as collaborators

I would like to give credit where it is due. Listing collaborators that do not have Seelio profiles would be great!

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katie,

This is also another great point! There is no functionality to do so right now but we would love to build in features to support that! Meanwhile, you can list them under your contribution or description section.

Best,

• Hyperlinking past positions, awards, etc.

Upon suggestion of my supervisor, it would be great to link previous jobs, awards, etc. so that potential employers could read more if desired.

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katie,

Thank you for the great suggestion! Currently you won’r be able to add hyperlinks to past positions and awards under “About.” We will try to work on that soon. In the meantime, you can include the link as part of the text for the Organization Name. It’s not ideal but it can serve as a quick fix. Of if the previous jobs or awards is substantial enough, you may list it also a work :)

Thank you for your feedback!

• explain availability.

The availability aspect of Seelio is a little confusing to me. I indicated that I am available to be hired for full-time jobs. However, on my profile the circle next to my image features a red circle with a check mark. When hovered over with a mouse pointer it simply states "full time job," making it appear as though I have a full time job NOT that I am looking for one. Maybe it could read: "available for full time positions"? Additionally, the color red also seems to say "stop, this person has a full time job."

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Link to Instagram!

Instagram is my social media of choice and I want to make my IG presence known on Seelio. I'd love to link to my IG on Seelio even if it's just to their web viewer.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We heard you! Currently, you can link your Instagram account on your profile by adding it as a “website” under the About section. We will work on integrating Instagram as a standard external account though. Please keep the good feedback coming.

Best,
                Seelio team

• Add MSI - Master of Science of Information or Information

Currently, you only have Information Technology as an option under education. There are more and more ischools cropping up. I would suggest adding "MSI" under degree type, or "Information" or both. Many information students will be using this site!

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • add drag and drop ordering for awards, skills, job history

currently i have to re-type everything to just change the order in which these things appear. let us drag them around

9 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • make it possible to click the images to get more information rather than linking only from the title

Make it easier to view works with embedding hot spot in images to get to more information and full size view of work uploaded. Rather than only being able to click the title. (very confusing many people click images first rather than title.

2 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • 5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for providing this idea! We definitely agree that it is important for our users that they can customize the sections more. We already put this feature on our road map and hope to be able to release new improvements soon!

Thanks,
                        Ginny

• to have an option for users to bookmark galleries they like

When I was exploring the galleries, I got really excited when I saw MHacks2013 and the upcoming Design Exposition. I hope there is an option for me to bookmark the galleries I like, so I can always get access to them quickly and easily.

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This is an awesome idea! Yes, we’d love to build some sort of feature for people to “bookmark” works as an inspiration because that was also our vision for Seelio! We have already put it in our roadmap and hope to be able to work on it in the future!

Thanks,

• Give portfolio projects "status"

For example, complete or in progress or something. I'm getting annoyed at seeing incomplete work examples.

2 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                          • The linked user profile page should be a printer-ready resume/portfolio

Not a single site I know of hosts a simplified, printer-ready resume off a single terminal link.

If I email HR or a recruiter and my signature has http://www.seelio.com/myname which links to a printable resume/cv/portfolio that would be fantastic. Better yet, a link-embedded printer ready PDF.

Links from the jobs would take you to individual tagged posts with the projects from the jobs. Links from the university would show peers, etc.

When I say printer-ready, I mean professionally formatted and not looking like I printed out yelp.com

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                            • Create a printer-friendly version of Seelio that I can show to recruiters at career fairs

I want be able to show my Seelio to recruiters at career fairs, so I would like a button that makes creates a quick layout of Seelio that displays my work easily to print

12 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Claire,

Yes, we hear you! We also would love to build this feature so you are ready for the upcoming career fair. In fact, we’ve done some research around how to design this feature and it turned out to be more time-consuming than we thought. There are some challenges around how to display all the works in one page pdf effectively.

We have already put this feature on our road map but we are not sure if we can get to it on time. Nevertheless, please continue to provide ideas to assist us in the R&D process.

Best,
                                Ginny

• allow users to create modules that they can move around

You currently have a tab where members can put in their projects and stuff. This similar idea can be created for other stuff like "activities" "awards" "references." You could also make a miscellaneous one where members can add their own categories.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thuan,

Thanks so much for your suggestion and I apologize for the delayed response! In our profile redesign, we added more sections like “relevant classes” and “skills” under the about me section.

We are also looking into possibilities of making them movable in the near future.

Best,

• 2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • separate collaborated work.

It's nice to link to other people's portfolios but I don't like giving them administrative access to edit the work. My summaries reflect my personality and that is the way I want it.

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew,

Yes, we totally understand that your portfolio piece is a reflection of who you are and others shouldn’t be able to change that. We are looking into revamping the collaborator feature, which is quite a challenge to solve, to be honest.

Meanwhile, in the near future, you should get notification when someone make any edits to your work so at least you will be aware of the changes and be able to change it back if you really don’t appreciate the edits.

Thanks,

• Add location based Job Search

A massive hole in the search results is to be able to filter by location. I'd appreciate the ability to hone in on jobs close to home or by state and/or city.

28 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on the status of this request. We definitely understand your need to filter job by locations. We already put the request into our road map and it’s definitely something we want to do in the future.

Weighing different tasks on our plate, we had prioritized revamping the profile this summer because it is an important part of our site. We wanted to provide a more attractive and more customizable profile for you so that you’re fully prepared for the job hunt season in the Fall.

The good news is, the new design has gotten a lot of great feedback and will be ready in a few weeks. I’d love to encourage you to check out the site, and to thank you for continually contributing your ideas.

Best,

• Make a "cart" (could be called something else) where users can save job opportunities to look back at/apply for later!

A user might not have time to apply for a job every time she's browsing. If she could save the opportunities and companies that jump out at her, it would save time when she does sit down to apply for jobs.

11 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathy and others who voted for this idea,

This is a great idea! We had add this feature into our road map and would definitely like to implement it in the future.

Meanwhile, we’ve been working really hard to improve the student profile this past few months. The beta version has received great feedback and will be ready in a few weeks. We’d encourage you to check back :)

Thanks,

• Ability to download the works we put up

I think it'd be useful to be able to download the work samples that we put up. Just make sure they are put up as PDFs so they can't be changed, like Word Documents can.

Great job guys! Loving Seelio :)

10 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Yes we agree that this will be a very useful feature! We’ve tried implementing such feature but realize that there are actually quite a few technical difficulties especially with arranging and displaying works. We have already put this in the road map and definitely plan to work on it in the future.

Thanks for contributing the ideas!

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base